Look Around You was a comedy show developed by Mivvin and the BBC and shown on British TV in 2002. It parodies the Open University and Television for Schools and Colleges educational programmes developed during the 1970s and 1980s (and which are still occasionally shown on TV even now). The episodes are short (around 10-15 minutes each), but are still hilarious.

The first series consisted of eight episodes:

There is a DVD out with all of these episodes, which also includes the pilot episode, "Calcium".

Some of the highlights of the series:

Look around you has a website here, where you can find out information about the series:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/
At the time of writing, the BBC are working on a second series to be completed at some point in 2004. These episodes will be longer than those of the first series (around half an hour long).

Look Around You series 2 started broadcast in the UK on BBC2 in January 2005. Whilst following a similar path to series 1, the series now parodies the 70's - 90's BBC Technology Show Tomorrow's World. Each episode now runs for 30 minutes. In this series there are 6 episodes:

  1. Music
  2. Health
  3. Sport
  4. Food
  5. Computers
  6. Live Final


Peter Serafinowicz performs as main presenter Peter Packard and appears on screen unlike most of series 1. He also co-created the series. Co-presenters this series are Jack Morgan played by Robert Popper, Pam Bachelor by Olivia Colman and Pealy Maghti by Josie D'Arby. It is set in the early 80's yet features graphics that can only have really been produced in more recent times. It is broadcast in 16:9 letterbox format, one which wasn't available on terrestrial television in that period. These are however rather picky observations and should not cloud an otherwise almost faultless parody. This series features cameos from well known British comedians including Harry Enfield, Mark Heap (Spaced, Green Wing), Matt Lucas (Little Britain, Rock Profiles), Simon Pegg (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead), Nick Frost (Spaced), Sarah Alexander (Green Wing) and Kevin Eldon (Jam, Big Train). Each week the team take a look at a different invention and meet the inventors. In the Grand Live Final of the Look Around You Invention of the Year Competition, the winner is revealed in the final episode. Prince Charles has at the time of writing been rumoured to appear to present the award.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.