Widespread theft of items during times or disaster or civil unrest. Often done in broad daylight, with no attempt made to conceal the action. Usually done in large groups, as this seems to justify the action in the minds of the looters.
Thought by many to be a possible side effect of the Millennium Bug, as a side effect of the predicted infrastructure failure.

Loot is a newspaper in which you can advertise stuff you want to sell.
It's printed in various regions in the UK. It costs £1 for a copy and there are several editions per week with a different colour for each edition. It's free to advertise and they make their money from your £1 a go.

I bought my very old, clapped out Ford Fiesta from Loot. My friend found her very comfortable flat in there. You could probably sell your granny to some poor sucker by putting her in Loot.

When phoning up to enquire after something you've seen in Loot, you should always be sure to ring the correct phone number.

Loot (?), n. [Hind. lt, Skr. ltra, lptra, booty, lup to break, spoil; prob. akin to E. rob.]

1.

The act of plundering.

2.

Plunder; booty; especially, the boot taken in a conquered or sacked city.

 

© Webster 1913.


Loot, v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Looted; p. pr. & vb. n. Looting.]

To plunder; to carry off as plunder or a prize lawfully obtained by war.

Looting parties . . . ransacking the houses. L.Ophant.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.