It's not a habit
It's cool, I feel alive
...
I'm not an addict
Maybe that's a lie
...K's Choice

Years before this song came out, I was sitting on the floor of the hotel room I was living in with a 20 bag of cocaine. I chopped the whole thing up, snorted it, and laid down on my bed and listened to my brain synapses fire. Pow. Pow. Pow.

I have always been addicted to something. In the mornings now, I drink a couple cups of coffee and I still find myself reeling from the buzz and want to sit at my desk and let the sensation wash over me. After walking at night or in the mornings in the gym, my face is flushed, my brain pulsing.

It's not that this song is particularly cool, but there are times when I'm sitting outside on my break, forced into silence by the thoughts pressing on my brain, and this song will come on the station playing in the body shop. You know, one of those supposed "alternative" stations that plays the same single off an album over and over because it's the only one people have heard of. These stations also seem to think that "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" is the only song the Clash ever put out. Anyway, this song, as often as I hear it, fits in with that moment, the moment when I've run out of addictions.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.