A "bad thing" that happens when you pull the trigger of a gun and something other than a very fast moving projectile speeding from the business end happens. This can include jamming, nothing happening, or the gun exploding in your hand. Can usually be prevented through regular maintenance and cleaning and not buying a shitty gun.

Transforms from plane to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: MISFIRE

FUNCTION: INTERCEPTOR
"Keep shooting, eventually, you're bound to hit something."

When Misfire shoots, his fellow Decepticons run for cover. Has terrible aim, but he says he's improving. No one else shares his confidence. Paired with the cowardly Nebulan, Aimless, a former construction engineer who had one too many buildings collapse due to poor design; now he doesn't care enough about anything to even bother aiming when he shoots as an ion particle blaster. Maximum speed: 1600 mph.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 4
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 2
Transformers Tech Specs


A toy that, in vehicle mode, bore a greater resemblance to a GM-produced flying spider than any sort of practical aircraft. Pairing Misfire with a Targetmaster weapon named "Aimless" was an obvious and incredibly weak pun. It's a little silly that, while all the Headmasters got names relating to either their personality or their transformation, the new Targetmasters all got names (and tech spec writeups) that have something to do with obsessive shooting.

In automotive terms, a misfire is when complete combustion does not occur in the cylinder. The most common misfire is a miss, where the fuel does not ignite and the air-fuel mixture is blown out of the chamber and into the exhaust manifold. The fuel often ignites here due to heat. If it does not, it can frequently flow into the catalytic converter (on vehicles so-equipped) where it may damage the cat by raising temperatures.

The most common cause of a miss is a problem in the ignition system, usually the secondary (high-power) part of the system; the ignition coil, distributor, rotor, spark plugs, or their wires. The other reason would be partial compression of the air-fuel mixture caused by burnt or broken piston rings, valves or valve seats, or damage to the cylinder head or engine block.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.