Named such for the neighbour who helped make it. She called it that whilst spreading the toppings. The idea here is that when making something for someone else, you should always keep positive thoughts directed into the dish in question.
Warning: this is a recipe with a story attached.

It was mid-afternoon. the children outside were shrieking with a combination of glee and the pain that only a sibbling can provide. I was standing at the stove, browning hamburger when the knock sounded. It was my neighbor. She was stressing out, some family drama or another. In part desperation to get her off my back, and part kindness, I offered to bring her some of the pizza I was about to make. She consented and looked at the dough neatly laid on the pan,tucked securely and calmly into its metal resting place.

I passed her the bowl of spiced sauce (extra garlic, italian herbs, what have you) and said to make it go faster we could both do the toppings.
Damn, the meat is about to burn....

Drain the fatty juices, slather on a huge handful of mozerella cheese, and then drop on the hamburger, spreading it round.

Next, we broke the mushrooms into bite-sized chunks and tossed them on. Thankfully they were already sliced. into the very hot oven for 14 minutes, out comes ambrosia.

I got up there to get at least one slice, but the rest of it disappeared in extremely short order. I think she keeps a stoner or twenty as friends.

The actual recipe:

dough

3 cups flour (you could split between all purpose and whole wheat but I didn't)
1 cup lukewarm or blood temperature water
1 package active dry yeast (if you use the stuff in a jar, it's a little over two teaspoons.)
a few good squeezes from a honey bear,
a pinch of sugar
olive oil, maybe two tablespoons

directions:

mix sugar, honey and water in bowl. add yeast, allow to become foamy and smell of bread. Mix the flour(s) together, or simply wait a bit. pour the water into the flour and add the oil now. Stir, mix and toss. allow to rise and rest for about an hour.

To assemble:

Lightly grease a pizza tray with olive oil or butter. Punch down the pizza dough and begin to spin the dough outward from the center.
Spread sauce, modified or not, onto the dough. add cheese, maybe some extra minced garlic if like me your body in general could use some fixing.
Add toppings, another little bit of cheese.
Drop that bad boy into a 400-450 degree fahrenheit oven for 10-14 minutes, or until crust is cooked to your satisfaction.

This makes one very, very large and heavy pizza. the pan will bow in the middle.

Serve with garlic butter, ranch dressing, canned parmesan cheese (don't whine, it's quite nice!)
Enjoy with beer, (not my preference) or any other drink of choice.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.