tiny humans exerting themselves to make their way to the top of large heaps of rock, for no rational reason.

Mount Everest is probably one of the most famous mountains for being climbed, given that it is the world's tallest mountain.

Mount Blanc, Mount Elbrus, Mount Rainier, and lots more might be fun to climb, too.

Mount Sumeru and Mount Doom would be kind of hard to find..

it would not be a good idea to try to climb Mount Rushmore.

Mount Vernon isn't a mountain at all, but since this writeup is already off-topic, how about a shameless ploy for traffic, with a link to 'mount'. ('cause sex sells!)

The thing of it is, it isn't really "fun", it is just is. Anybody who has climbed something, under their own power, and hated and feared at least part of it, knows this. The rational reason come from not necessarily because it is there, but can I do it? In many cases, mountain climbing only catches on after the first 10 or so trips, as finally the individual has a stick by which to measure the experience by. It is Harder, or Hotter or Nicer or dumber than the last climb.

Unfortunately, it, like explaining drugs or sex to a person who has not experienced them, is difficult. My Advice. Climb Mt St Helens, visit paradise on the flank of Mt Rainier. The geology and geography of mountains and mountainous territory is still some of the most untouched and untouchable territory on this planet.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.