Ingredients:

-1/4 cup of sugar
-whip cream
-pie crust
-pie pan
-3 cups chocolate
-1 cup of nuts
-1 tablespoon of vanilla
-3 sprays of pam
-tin foil
-a baking pan


How to make:

1. Take a pie pan and put pie crust inside.
2. Place 1 cup of chocolate inside the pan on top of the pie crust.
3. Put 1/4 of a cup of nuts on top of the chocolate.
4. Then layer another cup of chocolate with the vanilla in it on the top of the nuts.
5. Then you put 1/4 of a cup of nuts on the top of the chocolate.
6. Then you put another cup of chocolate on the top of the nuts.
7. Then you put a half cup of nuts on the top of the chocolate.
8. Then you put wip cream around the chocolate and over the pie.
9. Spread the sugar over the top of the pie.
10. Heat the pan to 350 and take a baking pan cover it with tin foil and put the pie on it cover it with pam


Or you could always wait for a rainy day, take the piepan out, find a patch of mud, fill the pan, chill, and serve!
This is a wonderful recipe I got from my mom (who knows where she got it). My sister actually made it more often than my mom and a lot more often than I have. Our family would always watch and make sure nobody got too large of a slice cut because we were interested in having it last for a couple of days. I've added a few of my own hints to make it go smoother.

This dessert is also great for breakfast!


Mississippi Mud Pie (aka Gina's Dessert)

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 lb. + a few more graham crackers, crushed
  • 1/2 cup + a few more chopped nuts
  • 1 stick butter
  • 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 16oz cool whip
  • 1 8oz cool whip
  • 1 large instant chocolate pudding
  • 2 1/2 cups milk

(note: yes, you can just get one, bigger container of cool whip. And this is something you don't want to skimp on, get the name brand, the good stuff. You can really taste the difference.)

Steps to do ahead of time:
  1. preheat oven to 350F
  2. clear room in freezer for 9x13 pan
  3. let cream cheese warm to room temperature
  4. thaw out cool whip

This is a multi-layer dessert. Here is what you do:

1st layer: mix well 14 lb graham crackers with butter and 1/2 cup nuts, pat into 9x13 pan, bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.

2nd layer: fold cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 16oz cool whip and spread over 1st layer. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.

3rd layer: mix the instant pudding and milk and spread over 2nd layer. Put in freezer if not firm enough for next step. (note: if you're not sure, go ahead and put it in the freezer.)

4th layer: spread the 8oz cool whip on top of the 3rd layer.

Top with chopped nuts or graham crackers.

Keep refrigerated.

(note: I haven't tried this yet, but I've always thought that a top layer of chocolate brownies might be wonderful. Or maybe it would be over the top.

Traditional food for doll's tea parties, made from soil from the back yard (with a perennial border, of course) mixed with water. Rich kids might have a dedicated pie dish, and the whole can be garnished and decorated with flower petals, and the like.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.