With all the disagreement about my nodes going on today, I'd just like to stop and take a moment to reaffirm my belief that the killing of innocent people is bad and should be stopped immediately. I can't condone it in any way, and it is quite simply just a Bad Thing.

I heartily invite others to leave their thoughts on the matter below, in the hopes that this will provoke as much bitter discussion as everything else has today.

A reasonable reply to 'Meat is Murder' or 'Abortion is Murder' or any other redefinition of the word Murder. MURDER IS MURDER - not anything else, like cleaning your teeth (bactericide), deposing kings (regicide), curing AIDS (viricide) etc. Whatever your veiwpoint on a topic it cannot be equated with murder unless it IS so. er..bit off the point actually.oops.

I'd like to declare my unqualified support for murder.

It provides healthy physical exercise for police officers, ambulance attendants, district attorneys, the media, the coroner, and potential victims who can run faster than their assailants. It gives all those professions a reason to exist, too (Murder creates jobs!). It adds badly-needed excitement to the lives of the victim's neighbors and the television audience. And it's not just excitement alone, either: Murder is myth, fear and terror, pathos, triumph, loss -- in short, meaning. It's drama, a primal archtetype played out in real life, the same act in an infinity of disguises, always the same and always new. People love murder, that's why cop shows on television are popular. What's not to like about it?! Murder is cool.

Sure, I can see how being killed by a maniac might suck, but "no one here gets out alive", right?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.