This isn't entirely true. Bitter, hostile negativity makes the world go 'round, so long as you're sure to include perhaps a smathering of "humor" in it. I mean, it's not as if every time people are negative it's unjustified, but if you take a look around you, you'll notice that the world is far from perfect. People don't think negatively for no reason, others throw hundreds of reasons at us daily to absolutely hate the human race as a whole. It's amazing that the majority of us can wake up in the morning and get out of bed knowing what's actually out there.

Smiling is good sometimes, but you try smiling when a kid shoots his teacher in the head, or when someone chops down half a rain forest to make pretty furniture.

Cynicism is necessary, it's the dosage that must be watched closely. There is good in the world, it's just kind of hard to find sometimes.. thus, hey, if you're feeling negative about something, let the world know, so long as it is justified. If not, slap a grin on your face, or something. You don't have to be a cynical bastard all the time, you might as well be oblivious to the utter chaos of the world once in a while, so your body can float around in the universe in a happy state from time to time.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.