A nitro group is NO2.

When used in rc cars that are at the 1/8 or 1/10 scale using so-called glow engines, the mix is usually as follows: However, the amount of nitromethane varies with the mix; some people preferring more or less.

When mixing up a batch of nitro, it is usual to mix the nitromethane and oil first, then mix this with the methanol. The oil does not dissolve in the methanol by itself.

Nitro is a steel roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure. It is among the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world. It was opened on April 7th, 2001, and was built by Bolliger & Mabillard (B & M).

The track is 5394 feet in length, and is 230 feet tall. The tallest drop measures 215 feet. Nitro's top speed is 80 miles per hour, and the ride lasts for 4 minutes.

The track is purple and yellow, and the supports are blue. There is one train with 9 cars, and each car hold 4 riders across, for a total of 36 passengers per train. The cars are sideless, providing an open-car feeling. Riders may feel a little helpless when getting in for the first time: there are no seat belts. There is a lap bar that holds the rider in by the thighs, but the upper part of the car is completely open.

The coaster is intense right from the very beginning. A small dip greets riders as soon as the train leaves the station, and leads directly to the tallest hill. The best parts about the coaster are the 7 camel-back hills that provide weightlessness, and a sense of flying over the top of the hill. There is also a hammer head turn that doesn't quite turn the train upside-down, a helix, and a surprise stop in the middle of the ride. All in all, a very exciting roller coaster.

Sources: Roller Coaster Database (rcdb.com), Six Flags (sixflags.com), and personal experience.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.