Firstly, this is an oxymoron; and a rather moronic one at that.

What is a church? Well it can be a physical building construct in which church-oriented practices are held, or it can be a term used to refer to the congregation of such a building. On the Internet there are virtual churches in existence which do not have the building but still call themselves a church. So the phrase church can be synonymous with religion, congregation, collective body or any group of individuals who share common beliefs and practices.

So what is a denomination? Well it can be a physical material object that represents a form of currency or weight or other physical property. A dollar bill is a denomination of currency, for example. One in a series of values in a common system. In regards to religion, a denomination represents one in a series of types of religious orders. Each denomination is a large group of relgious congregations which unite under a common faith, and organize themselves under a hierarchy of some sort.

So what is a NONdenominational church?

It is a class of individuals, called by the same name, who co-exist literally or metaphorically under the same spiritual roof, using a name that denotes they do not do such a thing when in fact they do.

Another word for this is hypocrite which is quite common in modern theology.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.