Days when you do, figuratively speaking, nothing. You get up, meander here and there, half-heartedly try to do something, and then get halfway before moving onto something else. Concentration is difficult to achieve, but then again so is comfort. Perhaps you will brush your teeth, wash your face, have a shower - sometime in the afternoon when you can be bothered. Maybe you will watch a little TV. It usually turns out to be a lot of tv. You are bound to make a mess, everything you try to tidy ends up looking worse. You become depressed at your lack of ambition, you decide to go out, but cant face the effort of pulling yourself together and so you slump even deeper into the sofa. You want to call your friends, but realize you have nothing much to tell them, so even the phone feels like a dead end.

You decide to make A LIST.

The list will tell you what you need to do. You make it. It is long, around 23 items. Full of tasks ranging from the simple "Must go to toilet." to "Find new Job, and Flat" all of which you earnestly expect to complete by the end of the day. You start, do a couple of items, get bored, and then throw the list aside. Now you are even more depressed. And irritable. In a fit of pique you quickly get a shower, and get dressed and go to the gym. For some reason (probably health related) you decide not to take the car and walk to the gym. The sky is grey and cloudy, threatening to rain all over your unprotected back. You have forgotten your umbrella. Obviously. You reach the gym. It is closed. It won't be open for two days. Disheartened, and each step heavier than the last you start walking home. It starts to rain. Heavily. By the time you get in you are soaked. You change, wrap a towel around yourself and sit on the sofa watching TV. You are bored, and ashamed of wasting a day doing nothing. You comfort yourself with cocoa, and think even Nelson Mandela / Ghandi / Mother Teresa had days like this. Probably. Dreamily you head off to bed, knowing tomorrow will be better.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.