user since
Tue Feb 3 2004 at 08:29:19 (20.1 years ago )
last seen
Mon Oct 17 2005 at 16:30:43 (18.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
4 - View oceansleep's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 101
mission drive within everything
to combat the evil forces of erosion
specialties
AMC Trail Crew, Bjork, A-Bomb Literature
school/company
Hamilton College (Clinton NY)
motto
"Today has never happened, and it doesn't frighten me" - Bjork
most recent writeup
Ulcerative colitis
Send private message to oceansleep

"I'm back! It's been a while, but I'm finally back in my home environment of *gulp* a liberal arts college. Right now I'm working on a year-long fellowship project on Japanese Atomic Bomb Writings and Activism." That was a year ago: I seem to have a habit of checking in a updating once a year... oops. Hopefully I'll get around to noding some of stuff from my research this year. Right now I'm 'working' for Americorps at my alma mater, Hamilton College, coordinating volunteers in the refugee community here in Utica NY... more to node there....


My general areas of interest are: trail maintenance (White Mountains), competitive swimming, Tae Kwon Do, Bjork, Ani Difranco and other interesting and talented musicians, atomic bomb literature, social justice issues, learning new things, and meeting people. Someday I hope to be a reference librarian, since I am obsessed with books and libraries, and in general the mass accumulation of tangible human knowledge that these things seem to represent.


More Specific areas of interest


This means subjects/people/places/things etc. which, in my limited exposure of them, have impressed and/or interested me enough for me to find out more about them... (this list is also imcomplete as I have only carried a limited amount of 'stuff' with me to Japan)

Some People


Some Bands/Artists

Some Places

Some Random Stuff

she laid down in her party dress and never got up
needless to say she missed the party
she just got sad
then she got stuck
she was wincing like something brittle trying hard to bend
she was numb with the terror of losing her best friend
but we never see things changing
we only see them ending

SLIDE, from the album Evolve - words and music by ani difranco © 2003 righteous babe music / BMI