Pasta and Cauliflower

This is a pretty easy recipe, and tastes way better than you think it does.

1/2 box of pasta (either gemelli or fusilli are good)
1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1-2 dried hot red peppers (optional)
good extra-virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

On a burner at medium, heat some (a tbsp. or two) olive oil in a skillet. When it's hot, add the garlic and red pepper (if you're using it), and cook until the garlic begins to turn golden. Add the cauliflower florets to the oil, and stir and sautee until the florets are well coated and are beginning to soften. Add the wine and allow the mixture to simmer until the alcohol is somewhat cooked off. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Stir occasionally until the cauliflower is done (should be soft but still crisp). Add the parsley.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in lots of salted boiling water. When almost done, drain most of the water from the pasta, and add it, along with just a few tablespoons of its cooking water, to the cauliflower-parsley mixture. Now add breadcrumbs and stir until the crumbs are saturated with the olive oil-wine-garlic mixture. The crumbs should coat the vegetables and pasta. Add salt, pepper and extra olive oil to taste.

This is yummy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.