Nouns
500g potatoes of any kind, peeled.
500mL chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 white or brown onion
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled.
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
olive oil
nutmeg
salt
pepper
You will need an oven and a blender or food processor for this recipe.

Verbs
1 Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Cut potatoes and onion into rough 2cm cubes. Peel garlic.
3 Brush or spray potatoes, onion and garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place on baking tray.
4 Bake vegetables for approximately 40 minutes or until potato is cooked.
5 Allow vegetables to cool for 30 minutes. Place in food processor in batches with a little of the stock. Process until fairly smooth.
6 Add the rest of the stock and parmesan cheese to the processed vegetables.

To Serve
To serve immediately, heat soup in the microwave or over a low heat on the stove, stirring regularly for even consistancy. Or you can put the soup in the fridge and reheat individual serves in the microwave as required.

Freezing is not recommended. This dish serves 4 as a winter entree, and can easily be cooked using whatever vegetables are available,including leftovers from last night's baked dinner.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.