People with a keen grasp of the obvious. They insist on pointing out things that would obvious to a rock, if it was conscious. hey, you're tall! Those football players are really big! You have big feet, which is almost always followed by Wow those are big shoes! No, i just have big feet, my shoes are a size 5 though...

I am a protector of the obvious, and I resent that you speak of me and my brethren in such a disparaging tone. The reason we feel the need to point out the obvious is because there are many many people who do not have a keen grasp of the obvious. Frequently these people are not even bad people, in fact, many of them are good people who just need to have something pointed out by someone with a keen grasp of the obvious. While I'm sorry that sometimes me or another protector of the obvious might point something out that has already occurred to you, remember that there are many people out there who need the obvious pointed out, and that you might someday be one of them. Hell, my roommate and I frequently protect the obvious for each other when one of us is missing something the other sees obviously. If anyone sees me missing the obvious, please swoop in and protect me.

Everyone quickly grasps what they think is obvious and then fight tooth and nail to protect that view. Protectors of the obvious a lonely clan of slow thinkers take the slings and arrows of the outraged and stubborn so that one day when they are dead and the argument is finally over the other party can have an epiphany and admit that the original concept that they defended harder than they originally thought about it might indeed be a little off.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.