A negative metaphor for the "typical" 9 to 5 life style. It is from the point of view that life lived for others just to make ends meet, is as unfufilling as racing through a maze like a rat. Trying to find that piece of cheese.

      "The problem with the Rat Race is;
               even if you win, 
              you're still a rat."    
                                
                      -Lilly Tomlin

A movie released in 2001. Directed by Jerry Zucker and starring John Cleese, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jon Lovitz, Rowan Atkinson, Whoopi Goldberg, Seth Green, Breckin Meyer, Nick Schaffer, Vince Vieluf, Kathy Najimy and Amy Smart.

In Rat Race John Cleese plays as an eccentric casino owner whose clients have become bored with horse racing, slots, etc. To make everybody's life more interesting he sets up a human race, from Las Vegas to a town in New Mexico, with the winner recieving $1 million. Despite what the review on IMDB says it's not a particularly funny movie, and can easily be missed. Filled with "humor" that would make a 6-year-old groan it's a badly written movie that can't even be saved by its star studded cast. I would give it about 4 out of 10 for being so damn disappointing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.