In the mythology of UFO fanatics, the reptoid is a not altogether friendly alien race that has been visiting earth. As the name implies, reptoids are roughly humanoid aliens that resemble lizards. They come from the star Bellatrix in the constillation of Orion. Much like the plot of V (hint hint), UFO fanatics believe the goal of the reptoids is turn humans into a food source and cart off our water. Mmmm crunchy human!

Through much of the '80s, UFO nuts claimed a ship with about 30 million reptoids was scheduled to swing into our solar system disguised as a comet or asteroid and invade Earth Trojan horse style some time in the mid-'90s. Many thought comet Hale-Bopp was the long "promised" reptoid human-whaling ship, especially after some lame assed amateur (in every case of the word) astronomer named Chuck Shramek claimed he had photographic evidence a ship was following Hale-Bopp. The idea gained currency on various UFO nutjob Internet newsgroups and message boards after someone claimed Hale-Bopp had made an unexplainable course change! What actually happened was as the comet got closer and astronomers got better data, they were able to revise figures on the comet's orbit.

This entirely fucky idea of a piloted comet loaded with water stealing reptoids probably takes its cue from not only the TV series V but also from a passage in Revelation 8:10-11 about a star named Wormwood that will hit earth and totally trash our water supply:

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.


Yeah so now that that makes perfect sense, let me explain that many thought Hale-Bopp was in fact a second wave. The first wave was actually ill-fated. It kind of took a wrong turn at Io and smacked right into Jupiter. That ship was better known as Shoemaker-Levy.

The reptoids have a hidden base on Antarctica. It was originally a major reptoid installation thousands and thousands of years ago but after a war, not only was much of the base destroyed but the Earth titled on its axis, moving Antarctica to the south pole. Although I'm sure you have a sneaking idea, I should mention this war also destroyed Atlantis. Yeah, of course.

UFO wackos also believe the seemingly benevolate Greys (the stock alien that looks like the alien from Close Encounters ... hint hint) are actually being controlled via alien implant devices and are doing the work of the reptoids.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.