A Primus EP which came out between The Brown Album and Antipop. Mostly cover tracks with a few goodies.

Track Listing:
  1. Scissor Man
  2. The Family And The Fishing Net
  3. Silly Putty
  4. Amos Moses
  5. Behind My Camel
  6. Too Many Puppies (reworked, chill)
  7. The Thing That Should Not Be (excellent)
  8. Tommy The Cat (live)
  9. Bob's Party Time Lounge (live)

Modern rhinoplasty was first performed by an otolaryngologist (head-and-neck surgeon) named John Orlando Roe in 1887, specifically for Irish immigrants to change their pug noses and look more like "real Americans." A surgeon named Jacques Joseph independently developed and reported on the technique by reducing a man's unusually-large nose, which caused him frequent public harassment, in 1898. In time, the procedure became popular among Jews in both the United States and Europe, especially during the rise of Hitler's Third Reich in order to escape persecution.

It's interesting, I think, that a procedure that's seen today as purely cosmetic was originally conceived to help individuals escape harassment, persecution, and even death because of their ethnic background.

Rhi"no*plas`ty (?), n. [Rhino- + -plasty: cf. F. rhinoplastie.]

Plastic surgery of the nose to correct deformity or to replace lost tissue. Tissue may be transplanted from the patient's cheek, forehead, arm, etc., or even from another person.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.