Basic:
The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) is a private college located in the Historic Savannah, Georgia. SCAD offers different majors in bachelor's and master's degrees in the visual and performing arts, design, the building arts, and the history of art and architecture.

The college offers 18 major areas of study: architectural history, architecture, art history, computer art, fashion, fibers, furniture design, graphic design, historic preservation, illustration, interior design, media and performing arts (my planned major), metals and jewelry, painting, photography, product/industrial design, sequential art, and video/film. Minors are offered in each of the major programs as well as in dance, decorative arts, drawing, electronic design, interaction design, museum studies, printmaking, sculpture, sound design and writing.

Facilities:
Mostly located in the historic distric of Savannah, they're beautiful, old, restored buildings that the college has bought and been given, as well are the dorms. When SCAD opened in in 1979, it had 71 students. These days, it's about 5,500.

Athletics:
SCAD competes at the NCAA Division III level in baseball, basketball, cross country, equestrian, golf, rowing, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball. The college sponsors a cheerleading squad and a variety of club sports including sailing, archery and lacrosse.

Admission:
SCAD offers Undergraduate, Graduate,transfer, and international applicants.
The address for Admissions is:

P.O. Box 2072,
Savannah, Georgia
31402-2072 U.S.A.
or
admission@scad.edu
or
912.525.5983


info from www.scad.edu

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.