Secret Masters

The idea that a secret group of men stood behind the government and evolution of humanity and, indeed, of the universe itself, has been around for some while. Perhaps the first claim in the West of such a "Great White Brotherhood" was made by Helena Blavatsky in the early days of the Theosophical Society, when the Mahatma Letters seemed to materialize out of thin air. Belief in these Masters became an article of faith in the Esoteric Section of the Society. Off-shoots of the original Society, such as Alice Bailey's Lucis Trust and Wm. Q. Judge's United Lodge of Theosophists, retained the original tenent of Hidden Masters and in some cases amplified it. In the hands of Guy W. Ballard, founder of the "I am Activity," belief in the Masters was stretched to near breaking point with the most outlandish claims.

The original doctrine asserted that some of the Masters, called Chohans ( = Lords), worked in one of the Seven Rays: Other Masters that figured prominently in this pantheon include:
  • Maha Chohan ( = Great Lord) of the Seven Rays
  • Master Jesus - founder of the religion of the Piscean Age
  • Master Kuthumi (also spelled Koot Hoomi and K.H.) - particularly interested in the growth of the Theosophical Society
Supporters of this belief have drawings of the Masters, which they treat with great reverence. In addition they can list their past lives in minute detail. In other non-theosophical groups a few women have been added to the list of Ascended Masters:
  • Clara Louise (of The Summit Lighthouse, which appears to be a successor of the "I Am Activity")
  • Kwan Yin (called "The Compassionate Saviouress")
  • Mother Mary (the mother of Jesus)


If the "Great White Brotherhood" exists, it's not really going to make much difference in the lives of most of us. If it doesn't exist, it probably won't make much difference to those who believe any way!

___________
primary source: http://www.tsl.org/teachings/masters.html#masters

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.