It is 2:35 am as I am beginning this writing, but I'm not up late. I'm up early. You see, I went to bed around 10pm after being up all day. I had a few hours of restful sleep, but then it happened again.

I feel like someone behind me is trying to pull my head back by pulling up on my browridge. All that I can feel is uncomfortable. No position feels right, and I alternate between shivering sans covers and sweating under them.

This is what Seroquel cessation is like for me.

But, here's the kicker. Most people are presribed Seroquel in doses ranging from 200mg to 800mg. The high end is to treat schizophrenia, and the lower end is more for treatment of bipolar disorder.

The great sages of psychiatry, however, have begun to recommend lower doses for people with trouble sleeping. And that's me. I get to take 100mg of brain poison so I can sleep. What happens when I don't?

Well, I got sidetracked. I forgot to mention, that description above? That = the past 3 (4?) nights for me. Painful sleep, restlessness, insomnia, nightmares...

"Thanks Doctor, for curing me!"

All this because I don't want to like, lift a barbell, or do some pushups or eat some fish or something. I have become one of the American drug pigs that I detest.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.