Quite possibly the most tasty dish on the planet:

Cut chicken breasts into narrow strips, about 1/2 inch wide, 2 inches long or so. Lightly coat the chicken with flour by shaking together in a paper bag.

Mix all of the above in a large bowl to make the batter for the chicken. Throw in the chicken and mix until it is coated well. Stick in the Refrigerator for at least a half an hour or so.

Mix these together well to form a cornstarch slurry. Set aside.

Heat all of the above to boiling in your favorite sauce pan, then stir in the cornstarch slurry from above, and bring back to boiling, cooking until it is thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and keep warm.

Heat about 2 inches of oil in a wok to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Fry about 10 pieces of the battered chicken at a time for about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted metal spoon and drain on a wire rack (place the rack in a baking pan to catch the oil). Repeat until all of the chicken has been fried.

Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Fry the chicken again, about 1/3 of the batch at a time, for about 1 minute--they should be golden brown. Remove, drain, repeat until done.

Heat the sauce back to boiling. Place the chicken on a platter, pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds. Serve over rice.

Serves 4.

Okie, somewhat different recipe, somewhat simpler, still equally tasty.

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic and ginger. Mix until fairly even.

Heat up a skillet on medium and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, until outside of chicken is white.

Pour the mixture over chicken and spread until chicken is covered. Cook until chicken is ready, turning chicken when necessary. This is usually only between 5 and 10 minutes more, but watch it carefully. The chicken is done cooking when you can easy cut a cube in half with the end of a spatula.

Chicken may be served over white rice. Green beans make a nice side dish as well.

Thanks to katyana and dizzy for inspiration. The counterpart lampchop recipe can be found at http://katyana.com/sesamelambchops.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.