1. One of the original 18 autobots, a red lamborghini.
2. to strike with a glancing blow along the side

Transforms from race car to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: SIDESWIPE

FUNCTION: WARRIOR
"I don't break rules, I bend them -- a lot."

SIDESWIPE is nearly the equal of his twin brother, Sunstreaker, in the combat arts, but less cold-blooded. Relishes a fight to the finish with an opponent. Uses underhanded tactics when absolutely necessary. Arms act as powerful pile drivers. Flies for up to 2 minutes with rocket backpack. Fires flares visible for 18 miles. Rash actions often lead to injuries to himself. Takes them all in stride.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 3
  • Skill: 6
Transformers Tech Specs


Sideswipe was a bee-you-tee-ful bright red Lamborghini and an equally sleek-looking robot. I imagine that he was always the first toy that sold out of the stores for exactly this reason. He never got much airtime in the cartoon, and his "brother" relationship to Sunstreaker was never mentioned there either. Probably just as well, because it doesn't make much sense where manufactured robots are concerned.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.