I just invented this dish and it came out quite wonderfully. So I thought I'd share.

I am a big fan of the pressure cooker - it speeds cooking times, tends to tenderise tougher meats, and gives wonderful sauces. You can make this dish in an hour or so. Serve with rice or just some nice crusty bread.

Take about 6 chicken pieces (drumsticks, breasts, whatever you fancy or have) and pierce them all over with a sharp knife. Put a little olive oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker and drop them in.

Crush a clove of garlic for each chicken piece on top. Add a good splash of balsamic vinegar, chopped or dried chile, a generous pinch of rock salt, pepper, chopped fresh ginger and lime juice (lemon would also do). Mix together so the chicken is well coated, and leave to stand for half an hour.

With the lid off the cooker, brown the chicken on a medium to high heat (add a spoon more oil first), then reduce the heat to minimum. Chop two onions and a good handful of carrots (they give a sweetness to the sauce and balance the chile and garlic well), throw them in, then put the lid on and seal.

In half an hour, de-pressurise and remove the lid. Throw in a handful of fresh coriander and leave to cool a few minutes. Season if necessary. Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.