This is my recipe for really quick and easy strawberry ice cream. You don't need an ice cream maker to make it either.

Ingredients:

2 large punnets (a punnet is usually around 300g) of strawberries or as many strawberries as you like!
600ml of whipping cream
A small can of condensed milk
The juice of 1 lemon
5 tablespoons of vodka (you won't be able to taste the vodka in the ice cream)
50g (minimum!) of really good quality chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa solids, roughly chopped. Whether to use dark, milk or white is entirely at your discretion. It's delicious with any of them, or if you're a serious chocolate fiend, all of them...

Whizz the strawberries up in a food processor. You can do them until they're ultra-smooth, or still coarsely-textured. Then squeeze in the lemon juice and whizz some more.

Whip the cream until it's thick and floppy, then add the condensed milk and vodka and give it all a good beating. The vodka is there to lower the temperature at which the mixture will freeze, which helps to prevent ice crystals forming in your lovely, creamy ice cream. (If you're lucky enough to have an ice cream maker, you don't have to worry about this.)

Now you can stir in the strawberry mixture and the chocolate. At this point you should have a good long taste of the mix, just to make sure it's alright of course. Then put the mix in your freezer and it should be ready in about 8 hours, or overnight. Stir it every now and then for extra creaminess.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.