"The words he uttered shall not pass away
Dispersed, like music that the wind takes up
By snatches, and lets fall, to be forgotten;
No...they sank into me..."

(William Wordsworth)

She doesn't see him, but hears his voice whispering in her ear, her left ear. You know what to do, you don't need me to tell you. "Yes. Yes I do need you to tell me. Over and over again until those words become my own." Reach out for it, reach in for it. "Can't you see me stretching? I am reaching, I am." Then you wouldn't need me, now would you? She imagines the knowing smirk on his face, the twinkle in his eyes. "I do need you. I need to see myself in your eyes. I need you to show me." No, you don't. You just think you do. "I cannot see," she sighs. You will not see, there is a difference.

The ghost of him moves around behind her, to her other shoulder. She feels his breath cool against her skin, it sends shivers through her.You know what you need, you know what you have to do. Do it. "I need you, don't leave me. I like myself when I am with you. I am nothing without you." You don't really believe that "Please, stay." I've never left. I've been here, in your dreams, in your heart. You know this, without me saying a word you know this

A cool breeze shifts the errant strands of hair from her neck. She closes her eyes feeling his presence fill her, feeling the faintest hint of a caress along her neckline, remembering his breath upon her skin, softly in her ear. The world is waiting for you, he whispers. Let it in, like you let me in. You don't need me to hold the door open. You must do it for yourself. You know it. You know it.

She listens to his thoughts swirl around her, enveloping her like a blanket. You are a rose, beautiful in color, soft in scent, strong in stature. Remove the thorns so that all the things good that want to touch you can. You will still be that rose. Surround yourself with things you love. Share what you love. Open up. Let them in.

The warm glow of memory fills her. He will always be with her, whenever she needs him, ready to come whisper in her ear. His words sank into her. She starts gathering...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.