One of my favorite dishes of all time. Sweet and sour pork has a wonderful flavor, and goes extremely well with rice and almost any type of tea. This is somewhat different from sweet and sour chicken. I like this one better, because you can fry it and make it crunchy. You can also add some vegetables into it, I like pineapple because the sweetness contrasts with the sour taste of the sauce. It also goes very well with coke, especially if you deep fried it and it is fresh out of the kitchen and very hot. Coke has a cooling effect, and that stuff is hot and oily.

Anyways, here is the recipe. Enjoy.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound pork, cut into bite size (I like shoulder pork)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
  • 1 green or red pepper (I prefer [red), sliced and cut
  • 1 onion, cut
  • 1 carrot (I omit this because I don't particularly like carrots, however, some people like it a lot)
  • 3 rings of pineapples (I add more, because they taste so very good)
Cooking
  1. Put 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of salt and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar into the pork. Mix it up.
  2. Stir in the beaten egg.
  3. Put the pork in a paper bag, put in the cornstarch and shake it. Leave it until it is moistened through.
  4. Deep fry the pork until it is light brown. Set it aside. If you want it crunchier, fry it more. Don't underfry it though. It will taste very nasty.
  5. Remove the oil. Pick out one tablespoon of the used oil and use it to fry the peppers and the onions until medium soft.
  6. Add the other veggies and 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Let it simmer.
  7. Stir the pork in.
  8. Thicken it a bit with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoon of water.
  9. Serve it up. Eat it with slight dry rice (see How to cook rice).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.