A comic book character created by Erik Larsen. Larsen created the Dragon when he was just a kid; he was revamped when he made his Image Comics debut in "The Savage Dragon."

The Dragon is a big green-skinned guy with a fin on top of his head. He has small fangs and only two toes on each foot. He has heavy-duty superstrength and can heal up from any injury, given enough time. He has, in the past, had just about every one of his body parts blown off by various supervillains, but he always heals himself fairly quickly. He was originally found lying naked and unconscious in a burning vacant lot in Chicago; he has no memory of his past. He was named the Dragon by Ann Stevens, a nurse at the hospital where he was taken, and was persuaded, eventually, to join the Chicago Police Department to help them corral the criminal gang of super-freaks called the Vicious Circle. Since then, he's formed a couple of superteams (Freak Force and the S.O.S.), fathered a child with one of his girlfriends, almost married another girlfriend, gotten killed, gotten resurrected, radically changed the world's history and ended up in an alternate universe, had sex with more girlfriends than I can count, turned evil, died, and gotten into way, way too many embarrassing situations...

The Dragon is one of Image Comics' oldest characters -- he was Larsen's first Image creation, and is almost certainly the only Image book that has been published continuously by the same creator. He's also guest-starred or cameoed in a vast number of other Image comics. Maybe the other Image creators are hoping some of the Dragon's longevity will rub off on them...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.