So, you're sick and fscking tired of popping pharmaseuticals trying to catch those elusive z's? Well, here's a recipe that has been passed down from my best friend to me, and now I am here to share it with you.

You will need:
1 teabag each of:

  • sleepytime extra
  • tension tamer
  • raspberry
  • straight chamomile
  • straight peppermint
  • a few teaspoons of honey
  • a mug
  • a teapot or microwave

Place all of the teabags in water, and boil. If the water is boiling when it hits the teabags, let stand for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to remove the peppermint only teabag a few minutes into the steeping, as peppermint alone will be enough to make this tea unpleasant. Once that time is up, remove the bags, add honey or sugar to taste, sit back, put on some comfy music, sip and enjoy.
I should point out, as a CYA move, that you should not use herbals without first talking to your healthcare provider if you have any condition that may require medicine or treatment that could be interfered with by herbs.

For clarification:
Sleepytime extra and Tension Tamer tea are two products by Celestial Seasonings.

Their main ingredients are:

Tension Tamer: cinnamon, peppermint and lemon peel.

Sleepytime Tea: spearmint, chamomile, catnip and valerian.

Sweet dreams.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.