user since
Sat Apr 15 2000 at 21:49:13 (23.9 years ago )
last seen
Mon Nov 5 2001 at 16:43:39 (22.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
832 - View themusic's writeups (feed)
level / experience
23 (Grand Poobah) / 27964
C!s spent
630
mission drive within everything
find the interesting; avoid the boring
specialties
music, piano, a good idea every once in a while
school/company
Wintersunrise House
motto
"Luciferan is not as nice as Mephistophelian"
most recent writeup
Babylon
Send private message to themusic

Yes, I've been around for a while, but haven't gotten around to doing anything interesting here; I've been too busy noding, and also didn't really know what to do here.

I'm a piano teacher. I'm interested in philosophy, politics, knowledge in general, poetry, and have been known to get into a good argument once in a while.

Not a geek in any currently accepted sense of the word, though I'm sure the people I went to high school with thought I was a nerd: we never thought the same; it always surprises me to find anyone who thinks even close to what I think.

I have been surprised here.

Please consult The Power Structure of Everything 2 for all things concering the powers that be here.


Some have accused me of being a socialist, or even a communist, and worst of all, a Canadian. I have to admit, I was born the last, that I think like the first most often, as my WU's evidence. As for the middle, it is obviously the strongest thing some people can throw.

But it is just a word. And all I have to offer here are ideas. And I work hard at them. I hope you do, too.

And I have been known to confront.


themusic_ca@yahoo.com
AIM: MusicPhl


A description of Success posted by semprini I very much like:

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date