I've met so far, 5 noders. One writes me from boot camp, another left a confession on my canbox, one I met for 5 minutes, and I'm dating another. The fifth works with the fourth. Now I'm setting myself up to meet another. I guess this is more normal than not, considering the popularity of the E2 get togethers, but for me it has always been a one on one adventure, and none have left me disappointed.

Will we talk the whole time we're hanging out as he tours me through his hometown? Will I laugh too quickly, or talk too fast, as I have with all the other noders? Will I second guess my wardrobe, wanting to be the most complete and concise version of myself as possible? Will I have made another friend, or are we already friends in the electric sense, the sense that has gotten too eerily familiar?

It's still strange to me that I regard these internet relations as being so real, but again it's a struggle against realism, against what I have always been told about human interaction. The longer I go on into this, the more I am surprised by the tenacity of the human condtion to reach out, albeit with a smirk or smarminess, to others. We pretend to be aloof, to not care so much, and maybe that's the truth. There's always more than what we admit to. Always.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.