Toot was the sidekick to Newton who, in turn, was the sidekick to Hercules in the old cartoon show of the latter's namesake. Toot couldn't speak, preferring to do his talking through his pipes...similar to the Pipes of Pan but for a good cause.

There was an episode where Owlman told Hercules that Toot was a lot wiser than he realized. Go figure...I always thought that Toot was insanely jealous of Herc because Newton kept fawning over him. How anyone could hang out with a prissy centaur like Newton is beyond me.

Slang

1. Toot is slang for snorting drugs.

Verb use: to toot
Noun use: to be a tooter

Sentence use example:
Heroin dealer: "This shit is weird. The shooters are complaining that it jams up their rigs. Are you a tooter or a shooter? Cuz I wouldn't recommend this batch to shooters. You'll have to wait a few hours if you're gonna need the better stuff."

The above sentence was paraphrased from a conversation I um, overheard, between a chipper and an African American mother who dealt heroin to former russian prostitutes and the like.

Contrary to popular belief, some drug dealers actually do care about the physical health of their clients. That is my opinion of course. I have them sometimes.


2. Toot is also slang for cocaine itself.

Sentence use example:
"Got any toot?"


3. To Toot can also mean, to fart.

Sentence use example:
"That was ONE stinky toot"

Thanks to MaxClimb for definition 2.

Toot (?), v. i. [OE. toten, AS. totian to project; hence, to peep out.] [Written also tout.]

1.

To stand out, or be prominent.

[Obs.]

Howell.

2.

To peep; to look narrowly.

[Obs.]

Latimer.

For birds in bushes tooting. Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Toot, v. t.

To see; to spy.

[Obs.]

P. Plowman.

 

© Webster 1913.


Toot, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Tooted (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Tooting.] [Cf. D. toeten to blow a horn, G. tuten, Sw.tuta, Dan. tude; probably of imitative origin.]

To blow or sound a horn; to make similar noise by contact of the tongue with the root of the upper teeth at the beginning and end of the sound; also, to give forth such a sound, as a horn when blown.

"A tooting horn."

Howell.

Tooting horns and rattling teams of mail coaches. Thackeray.

 

© Webster 1913.


Toot, v. t.

To cause to sound, as a horn, the note being modified at the beginning and end as if by pronouncing the letter t; to blow; to sound.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.