Trooper, often shortened to Tpr, is the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps' equivilent to a Private. The origin of the word dates back to the Armoured Corps predecessor, the cavalry.

One of Canada's oldest (and coolest) rock bands. They have recorded 10 albums (containing over a dozen top ten singles) since 1975 and continue to perform sold-out shows across Canada. This year marks their 25th anniversary!

Ra McGuire -
Ra is one of the two founding members of Trooper. He is the singer for the band and one of it's two principle songwriters. He was born in Vancouver, BC, and currently lives in White Rock, BC.

Brian Smith -
The other founding member of the band. Brian plays guitar and co-writes the songs with Ra. He was born in London England and raised in Vancouver. He currently lives in Langley BC.

The rest of the band has been made up of over twenty different guys, none of them interesting enough to name.

TROOPER
You will die the death of a trooper's horse, that is, with your shoes-on; a jocular method of telling any one he will be hanged.

The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Troop"er, n.

A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.

 

© Webster 1913


Troop"er, n.

A mounted policeman. [Australia] The black troopers of Queensland are a regiment of aboriginal police, employed chiefly for dispersing wild aborigines who encroach on sheep runs.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.