Ingredients:

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Melt caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
  3. Add pecans and keep warm on stove.
  4. Combine cake mix, remaining evaporated milk, and melted margarine.
  5. Coat a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, and smear half of the cake mixture in the bottom.
  6. Bake for 8 minutes.
  7. Top baked cake mixture with caramel mixture and chocolate chips.
  8. Spread remaining cake mix over caramel mixture.
  9. Bake 18-20 minutes.

These brownies are easily my favorite chocolate dessert, and they're not difficult to prepare at all. I tend to make them for special occasions so that I won't have them at home (where I'm sure to eat them all). They're always a hit wherever I bring them, and they tend to last longer than cookies because they're very rich. A single batch will easily yield 24-32 brownies. The pecans can be substitued for other nuts if you don't care for pecans or left out entirely if you're preparing for somebody with allergies or an aversion to nuts.


Chocolate Caramel Brownies seem to be a pecan-free variant of Turtle Brownies. Leave the pecans in. They taste more like Turtles that way.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.