God is the uncaused first causer.

He/It is the unexplainable beginning to the cause and effect nature of the universe and also a very unsatisfying end to the question of who or what created everything. It's a philosophical cop-out.

Note: It has also be defined as the unmoved first mover, the unperceived first perceiver and so and and so forth. I cannot remember who originally came up with this term but many people have since adopted it.

Note: By 'God' I mean whatever god, gods, mystical forces, non-mystical forces, or whatever you subscribe to. Semantics, bah.

'God', Hmmm?
No one claims that Zeus was uncaused. Loki didn't pop into being without the proper causation. But anyway.


There was a first mover.
Or
There was not a first mover.

Either 'God'/'Physics' has been around forever (No first cause)
OR,
'God'/'Physics' started without a cause (Was it's own cause, without a cause before it).

Neither of these will shake the faith of a true believer of the judaic-christian-islamic tradition.

Scientists might have a bit of a problem with either situation, but that's their fault for denying the great almighty. An uncaused first causer is no worse for for the believers of God than it is for the believers of science. The paradox exists for both of them.

There is no "explainable beginning to the cause and effect nature of the universe".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.