The pair came into the family pool area looking around as if checking out the place.

"We should be in the adult pool", the older woman said to the other.

"I don't want to go there. I'll feel self-conscious," the younger brunette answered.

That should have been my first clue that something was about to happen. Now, I am no prude, but there are some things that should not be shown to kids if there is even the slightest chance that they could feel uncomfortable.

My daughter was mildly amused by the display. Mom, no offense, but I don't want you to get one of those ever.

I looked to where she was pointing. The woman was floating in the pool, lying on her stomach atop a swim ring, with her bare arse being thoroughly flossed by her thong. I am talking completely bronzed full moon all layed out worshipping the sun.

My son was mortified. His face flushed a deep red as he got up covering his eyes. "THAT is inappropriate" he announces as he turns his back to the scene. "She should not be wearing that around children."

His sister laughed at him. He's right you know Mommy. Make her leave or at least roll over.

He fidgeted, clearly unhappy. "That's ok Mom, I'm leaving. She's making me uncomfortable. I'm going roller blading. There should be rules about that. I'm too young to be looking at naked butts."

Hmm, he's not too young to flash his derrière to his brother and sister, but I have to agree with him, there is a difference.

If she felt uncomfortable baring her arse to the adults, she should have felt uncomfortable baring it to the kids too, IMHO.

Ding, Ding, Ding! Hello! Your conscience is trying to tell you something.

The girls stayed in the pool swimming, albeit on the other end, still giggling about the whole thing. My son left due to discomfort. He got an early introduction to the rear view of the feminine form, an introduction he clearly did not want. If he didn't care, I would have been fine with it, flaunt away. The point is, he did care.

So, here is a plea to all of you thong bathing suit wearers who feel the need to go into the kiddie pool. PLEASE don't do this. Think of the prepubescent boys who would rather not deal with your partial nudity.At the very least, ask if anyone minds. I will defend my son's right to a bum free view in the family pool. Go over to the adult one please.

DON'T MAKE ME THROW A TOWEL OVER YOU!

Because, next time I will...right after I dump a bucket of icecubes over you to be sure you got the message.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.