W.E.F.T. Champaign, 90.1 FM. Community Radio for East Central Illinois. Volunteer owned and operated. WEFT is governed by an elected Board of Directors, elected from the body of the WEFT Associates, who are WEFT members in good standing with an active volunteer committment to the station.

The day-to-day business of WEFT is handled by various committees. Programming decisions, such as proposals for new shows, are handled by an elected Programming Committee. Music selection is handled by the Music Committee, which tends to consist of those Associates who have volunteered to serve as Genre heads for their favorite sort of music. A Genre head is mainly responsible for communicating with record companies, and getting new music into the station. They also will compile playlist data, and send it back to the record companies.

WEFT is one of the most musically diverse radio stations in Illinois. Along with large blocks of Jazz, Blues, and World Beat music, there are shows that feature Celtic music, Goth and Industrial Music, African music, and Latin music. WEFT also has a strong public affairs committment, broadcasting nationally-produced programs such as The Pacifica Report, Democracy Now!, National Native News, and This Way Out.

WEFT is located at 113 N. Market Street, in Champaign, Illinois. Visitors are often welcome during daylight hours.

Weft (?), obs.

imp. & p. p. of Wave.

 

© Webster 1913.


Weft, n. [Cf. Waif.]

A thing waved, waived, or cast away; a waif.

[Obs.] "A forlorn weft."

Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Weft, n. [AS. weft, wefta, fr. wefan, to weave. See Weave.]

1.

The woof of cloth; the threads that cross the warp from selvage to selvage; the thread carried by the shuttle in weaving.

2.

A web; a thing woven.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.