Wild Tangent is a software company that makes neat-o free games that can be played using Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. They have pretty nice 3D graphics and are free (did I say that twice).

They name a number of games including:
Pig Pen - a PacMan rip off starring a pig
Space Rocks - alla Asteroids
Gem Master - sort of Columns but better
Reversi - Go
Checkers
Gin
Spades
Hearts
Track Meet
Front 9 - golf simulator

I just downloaded an araknoid clone , a boxing simulator called Totally Live Boxing, and a road racing game...
Let you know how they go in a cuple of hours.

They also make screen savers and some visual plug-ins for Sonique and Winamp, but I'm all about their compact (1.7-3.5MB) games, which come for free, but have banner ads.

www.wildtangent.com

This is their company statement on their web page:
WildTangent is all about building a richer, more exciting Internet experience for everyone- blending 3D graphics, sound, animation and interactivity. Our unique "virtual bandwidth" technology, powerful authoring tools, and inventive content have quickly made fans of developers, businesses and end-users alike. Started up by former Microsoft Evangelist and DirectX creator Alex St. John, and Cambridge mathematician Jeremy Kenyon, WildTangent is proud to work with companies of the highest caliber-from Microsoft to ATI-to make this dream a reality. We've received phenomenal support and enthusiasm from investors. Our Web DriverTM has been downloaded millions of times... and this is just the beginning.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.