Often thought to be insightful comments given by someone more wise than yourself, but usually ends up being useless personal opinions that don't do you a lick of good.

Can be found in the oddest of places, like the mind of a five-year-old, a random newspaper clipping in an old book, a friend who is normally a space cadet, or in a parent (these are most rare). True words of wisdom are jewels in the gigantic mass of crap that we get bombarded with every day.

During a dark time in both my life and the lives of many friends and schoolmates, a man I deeply admire gave us these words to lift our spirits.

I don't know whether he wrote this himself or found it somewhere...

"In a crisis of time - we improvise.
In the extension of a cause - we adapt.
To fulfil our expectations - we overcome.

In life we must not learn to conquer others, but to conquer our own fears so that we may assist others to overcome theirs.

The main part of leadership is to be:

Conquering fear is complete with these three abilities.

There is no conquest, just an endless striving - a striving for the greatest goal a human can have: to look into the heavens and say

'I am who I am, and I am proud of what I have become.' "

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.