Yaje, or yage, also know as ayahuasca, is a shamanistic drink prepared primarily with the plant Banisteriopsis Caapi. This plant hontains a mixture of indole alkoloids such as Harmine and Harmaline, which act as powerful psychedelic MOAI's. The chemical structure of these alkoloids closely resembles that of DMT and related illegal tryptamines, and when taken together the effects of both are multiplied. Because of this Mexican and South American Shamans generally introduce what are known as admixtures. These may include plants containing DMT or 5-Meo-DMT, such as Mimosa Hostilis or Psychotria Viridis.

Shamanic uses of Yaje vary from healing, to Hunting and Divining. The effects of Yaje can be so powerful it is said the user can even transform his/her own body. Subjectively, the main effects of this drink can be felt after around 30 mins, reaching a peak at around an hour, then dropping down to base normality over the course of around 6 hours. It is very common for the user to experience a "purging" which can involve humoungous amounts of vomit and diarrhoea, rendering it incompatible with most modern "recreational" psychedelic use.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.