user since
Thu Feb 20 2003 at 12:16:02 (21.2 years ago )
last seen
Sun Sep 14 2003 at 12:22:04 (20.6 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / -2
mission drive within everything
This field has been intentionally left blank.
most recent writeup
I hate my life and I want to dye my hair (thing)
Send private message to èmpathy

Work in progress. Too stoned to finish. Paste here.

In 1932, Marvin Pontiac was born to an African father and a white Jewish woman for upstate New York. As a toddler he was taken to the west African country of Mali by his father after his mother decended into permanent mental illness. 15 year old Marvin moved to Chicago at age 15, taking with him a love for African music which will stay with him for his entire life. In Chicago he built a repuatation as a blues harmonica prodigy before leaving the city after being humiliated in a bar fight.

Pontiac startrf over again in Lubbock, Texas. Here we come up against a gap in chronology: three unaccounted-for years during which, among other things, he is alleged to have participated in a bank heist. He relocates yet again to Slidell, Louisiana. While in Slidell, Marvin records a handful of songs, scoring a minor domestic hit, as well as (irony of ironies) a hugely popular bootleg hit in Nigeria, of which he remains unaware.

The first hints of Marvin's imminent madness begin to manifest themselves in his growing eccentricities-- he would only do business with record companies with whom the owners agree to visit him in Slidell and mow his lawn. Marvin convinced himself that he has been abducted by extra terrestrials. The end was near. It isn't long before Pontiac gives up music for good and, following an arrest for nude bicycle riding, moved back to Detroit where he lived out the remainder of his disturbed life. In 1977, Marvin Pontiac was hit and killed by a bus.

Its a fantastic story. But unfortunatly, he is a