Wrong numbers are a doorway to a surreal hell.

Amost all cell phones automatically record the numbers dialed for outgoing calls and more and more have Caller ID as a standard option to catch the incoming calls as well.
In the past when you made a wrong number it was answered and you say "Oh, sorry" without ever knowing the exact mistake you made. Or no one answered and you just assumed you dialed the right number and went on about your merry way.
Those carefree days are come to an end, my friend.

On one occasion I recieved a call from a 19 year old that lived in northern Nashville. She asked for Steve. I told her Steve wasn't there and that she had a wrong number. She apologized and hung up.
"Wait," you say, "How do you know she's 19 and from Nashville?"
She called back. Apparently she couldn't get a hold of Steve, the area code is a pretty small geographic area, and she thought I had a nice voice... so she was wondering...
Yeah. Exactly. I was no where near Nashville at the time, so it never really became an issue. She called me several more times over the next few days and I even got to speak to the elusive Steve on the last occasion. I can only assume Steve realized how weird it was and put an end to it.

On several occasions I have played telephone tag with total strangers over missed calls / wrong numbers.
The odd thing is when you make the initial wrong call and realize your mistake, even though no one answers. Later you find that you've gotten a call back. You know it's a wrong number. Do you just ignore the issue and leave them wondering or do you call them back just to say "Hi, I called you a couple days ago, but it was a wrong number." or what?