It's an indication that she does care about you and sees that you're lonely, but this also means that she doesn't care for you enough/is not attracted to you enough/finds you far too sexually repulsive to ease that loneliness herself.

If a friend insists to me that sexual release is the only way to ease their loneliness, I feel insulted and used. It infers that somehow my friendship isn't good enough, and the only worthwhile part of my company is the imaginary potential for sex; this in itself is cruel. It is unfair and unadvisable to expect a "sympathy fuck" in this situation, it creates unnecessary tension for an otherwise caring and understanding friend.

If a person constantly complains of loneliness and makes no effort to rectify their situation other than attempting to subvert a close, yet otherwise platonic relationship, it is only fair for their friend to assume that they are being used, or said person is incapable of finding sex elsewhere. The use of the phrase, "we need to get you a girlfriend" is understandable in this situation. Everyone has a right to pursue other committed relationships or be uninterested in sex, even if they have a sexual bias - in the latter case it is probably better to discuss ideas that bother you instead of being angry about a lack of sexual gratification.
Here, I am reflecting on situations where a person cheapens a friendship by indirectly stating that it's not enough to keep them happy unless it's "taken to the next level". I wasn't referring to a situation where that person wants romantic involvement solely for the relationship's sake; more like one where someone says "I'm lonely, you're socially obliged to fill this void in my life".