I spent much of this morning trying to get my Dumb Terminal up and running.

Everything turned out good. With the help of a few friends at work, we brought the terminal to life. Sitting on my desk in my office, it was spewing the contents of several echo commands at my whim, and eventually the tail -f end of /var/log/messages.

It is terminal. See it roar. Or something. It is now sitting happily next to my firewall, quietly outputting the contents of my network logs in real time. It's got a keyboard hooked up to it, and getty is running cheerfully on the serial port. WooHoo!

A quieter, less stressful day in general today. This is probably because my manager is on vacation, and I can actually relax when he's not around. What does that say about him? I really don't know, but I find myself to be more at ease when he's not around.

I took a break today, and sat down and drew a picture. I haven't actually drawn a real picture in about four years. I drew an anime girl, and I'm quite happy with it.

The woman I met yesterday (the technical trainer from corporate) left to go back to New York today. I noticed an interesting phenomenon whenever I saw her - my heart literally jumped. I'd be sitting at my desk, she'd walk by, and my heart throws in an extra, extremely pronounced beat. Strange.

We were supposed to go to lunch today, but she stayed around the office to answer any questions her students might have had.

I think I'm going to take a road trip to New York on my vacation. I'd like to visit my company's headquarters - plus, it's been 11 years since I've been to New York. It'll be nice to go back. Plus, Miss Tech Trainer above promised to show me around. Cool!

Lunch Log: Nothing today. Had quite a large dinner last night.