I swam in your toilet, and fucked you over twice. Gimme my wheelchairs, fool: A Aftermath

Copied almost verbatim on Accipiter.org. It says what I wanted to say. Nyah.

Yet another E2 gathering, this time hosted by our good buddy Spackle. Twas a lot of fun for the two out of three days I participated. I was unfortunately absent on the third day, as I needed sleep for work today. Here's a recap:

Thursday: Woke up at 23:30 to get ready for work.

Friday: Went to work from 00:00 to 08:00, then went home. Called Spackle in the morning to ask what time would be good to arrive, was told around 20:00 or 21:00. I attempted sleep, however I decided that to maintain my schedule for work coupled with the fact that I only slept about an hour total during my attempt, it would probably be prudent to stay awake; not that I had a choice anyway. Played some fighter jet game for my PS2, did some last-minute milling about the house, and played on IRC and the web.

I ended up hitting Spackle's place at around 20:30, and met up with him and Scribe. Watched 'The Big Lebowski' and one or two other movies before a few more noders arrived.

Saturday: We hung out for awhile continuing the evening from Friday, as we awaited the arrival of more people, and eventually led a convoy containing Conventional Oven, Bitca, and Zophos back to my apartment for sleep at around 04:30. Apparently, sleep came easy to everyone in my apartment but me. I didn't sleep at all.

After breakfast, playing some Mortal Kombat II in my living room, viewing some funny video clips, and other fun, we ventured back to Spackle's place at around 14:00. More people showed up, and more movies were watched including 'Donnie Darko', and 'The Princess Bride'. We attempted to watch a movie called 'The Rules of Attraction' that disgruntledwren brought with her, but it sucked.

The final group of new arrivals finally showed up, and the party continued. A few rounds of 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City' were played on the Playstation 2, as well as some of a snowboarding game on the XBox of which I do not remember the name. (I think it was 'SSX Tricky' or something similar.)

Sunday: By now, fatigue was beating the shit out of me, as I'd been working on a single hour of sleep since Thursday night. At around 02:30, I said my goodbyes to everyone I could find, and we finally retired back to my apartment for more sleep. This time, I was definitely able to get some rest. I woke up at around 08:00, and started transferring the pictures from my camera to the network. I compressed them that morning, then led Bitca back to Spackle's place for the big noder breakfast. I was unfortunately unable to attend Sunday's festivities as Accipiter needed sleep badly (Accipiter was about to die), so after getting Bitca to Spackle's house safely, I went back home, transferred the pictures to the webserver, and went right to bed. I woke up at 23:30, and went to work where I'm writing this entry.

Memorable Moments:

  • Having a clean and organized apartment for the first time in awhile.
  • Amazing myself to death by finding Spackle's apartment without any mistakes whatsoever.
  • Watching (and understanding!) Donnie Darko. Some people didn't believe me that I actually 'got it', but I do. I'll explain it to those who want to know what I think, but I won't put it here to avoid spoilers.
  • Seeing the sign made by Jethro_Bodine to greet Cow of Doom at the airport.
  • Hearing, quite possibly, the funniest moment in recent memory when WonkoDSane asked Dann to wear a gorilla suit while performing his upcoming wedding after my suggestion that Dann use the phrase "Holy Matrimonkey."
  • Proving unequivocally, with several witnesses, that I actually do have excellent moonwalking ability.
  • Briefly rolling around in Spackle's wheelchair introducing myself as him.
  • The Robot Cake.
  • Discussing the finer points of miscellaneous stuff with _the_devil_ while attempting to lie comfortably on a dual canvas chair.
  • Praising the virtues of the DeLorean along with Noah, and in contradiction to WonkoDSane.
  • Drawing the Superman logo in Dann's mini-notebook.
  • Discussing fatigue-induced hallucinations with the pantry door, as well as several noders (who may or may not have been imagined) in Spackle's kitchen.
  • Watching, with a certain amount of trepidation, Cow of Doom pour an entire package of Pop Rocks into his Coca-Cola.
  • Seeing birdlace's most recent noder-related film, compiled from footage from the Sparta gathering, as well as a second viewing of 'Jurph should not be allowed to play with fireworks: The Movie'.

Chalk up another mark for yet another fun E2 gathering. As I said in a message to the usergroup, gatherings mean a lot to me, as I get to see everyone. I like having friends, and grew up with less than I'd have liked. Thanks for being mine; you all rock.

And a big tremendous thanks to Spackle for hosting this party. You rock too.

Pictures: http://www.accipiter.org/gallery/browser/index.pl?album=partie