You know what really pisses me off. Anti-smoking propaganda. They condem tobacco companies for advertising their product. They say that smoking kills people so they don't have a right to sell their product, they say that the advertisements don't say that smoking can be dangerous. I don't know if I am hallucinating or what but usually when I look at cigarette ads I see a Surgeon General's warning(yes, that person whose position it is to kill all fun in America. They say this even though they live in a capitalist society. I wonder if they have a problem with Tab, you know the diet soda that causes cancer. It has a little Surgeon General warning on it too(I kind of chuckle whenever I see a can).

Recently I saw a TV ad for that truth.com campain.(This kind of a birdwalk but does everything have a damned dot com now-a-days, even nonprofit organizations?) Someone had written them saying that automotive manufacturer's make products that kill people. Truth's response, yea but they issue recalls and tobacco companies don't. Well this pisses me off. Automotive companies don't always issure recalls. They do it only when it is profitable to them.

Example: Ford Pinto

Remember that car that made America love the hatchback, well maybe not. But the thing was that the cheap pieces of tin were blowing up when hit in the rear. The gas tank was being punctured. Well the engineers at Ford must have had at least a little bit of a conscience because they designed this little $3.00 plastic piece that would fix the problem. So, did Ford issue a recall? No, they didn't Ford's bean-counters decided that it would be cheaper to pay all the wrongful death lawsuits rather than actually fixing the problem. Even in later model years of the Pinto the plastic part wasn't standard on all Pintos, it was an option that you could buy.

Ain't capitalism great.