I'm dying here folks. Not literally, of course.

I write this from school, where I made the unfortunate mistake of forgetting extra batteries at home, rendering my CD player useless. Whereas I would usually be listening to music, I'm now forced to listen to ambient noise. I have a feeling of vulnerability, of nakedness. In retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea to choose to work on the second floor. "Second" is a very chaotic and immature floor, where the wardens vainly struggle to keep the animals in order while still managing their own duties. "Third" is much more orderly and quiet. The North learning center is almost always dead, but their computers are outdated. I can't work in these conditions; I need my music. It probably doesn't help that my nemesis is sitting behind me, blabbering with his ex-girlfriend about silly little teenage quarrels. Even worse is the other guy sitting behind me who has his headphones blaring loud enough that I can clearly identify that he's listening to Blink 182's "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket"

((turns around))

Correction, the Nemesis and Mr. Blink are the same guy. I'm contemplating going upstairs, thought I know that the feeling of vulnerability will still remain. Arrgh, this is going to be a long morning.

Greg later did move, but didn't manage to get a whole lot of work done due to some disk failures. He now lives in a room, in a house, in a city, with a computer and big speakers.