This has nothing to do with node your homework!

The assignment seemed relatively simple: I had to do comparisons of some major world religions. Of course, it would be a lot more simple if the internet was purely a research tool and not a cesspool of porn and commercialization...

My World Book CD-ROM Encyclopedia for Mac is a poorly done and crash prone app. Google and the Open Directory are both quality resources, but still not quite the information I need. Britannica Online is helpful, but still not quite what I'm looking for.

The search thus far has consumed more time than I expected. Seeking a break, I switch over to E2. Out of curiosity, I throw "Buddhism" (one of subjects I was researching) into the search field, and begin scanning through the resulting node. Surprisingly, the information was relevant, and essentially what I was looking for. Detailed, yet comprehensive.

I guess the bottom line is that Everything is written by real people, writing for the benefit of the world. Britannica is written by guys in suits who write encyclopedias for a job... No real chance to exercise creative freedom there. Granted, being Everything, accuracy obviously isn't guaranteed, though through the voting system, its certainly encouraged.

For the first time ever, Everything has contributed to my homework, instead of contributing to my procrastination. My essay has the research it needs, and a few informative nodes on various world religons were upvoted. If you have an essay to write and credible information just isn't workin' for ya, try E2!