Well, I cried -- sort of.

My sister got married on Saturday. I'm not one to get horribly emotional, but standing there in the pack of groom's men. I could not help but get a little misty-eyed. Perhaps this reaction was in concert with some greater karmic shift. As a marriage and family therapy student I ask people to open themselves up, and essentially emote for me. It seems fitting that my stoicism would fail me.

As for the wedding and the reception it was a really good time. It was a nice mixture of my parent's friends, relatives and college kids. The only drawback was the possible bar bill. You see, college kids can drink a lot.

My cousin's jazz quartet played the cocktail hour, and we had a good band from North Carolina come up and play. The did a good mix of wedding music - which is basically 70's material with a good beat and Sinatra material. I made a conscious effort to get out and dance, and my self-awareness seemed to turn off a bit. Perhaps it was because we mainly had family friends there that I didn’t feel self-conscious. But the more I think about it, I probably should have felt more self-conscious, because it's not like I'm never going to see these people again!

My sister and new brother-in-law are on their way to Bermuda today. Here's hoping the hurricanes stay away.